Withdraw as a foreign entity in one or more states.

  • Stop the ongoing fees
  • Complete our simple online interview
  • We handle filings with the state


If you need to stop doing business in states where you have previously qualified as a foreign entity, you should file a foreign state withdrawal. This will allow you to officially stop conducting business in another state, avoid any unnecessary fees or taxes, and prevent late fees or additional charges by the state. Launch by LegalShield experts will prepare all necessary documents for your review and necessary filing in any of the 50 states.

The process is simple

  1. You provide us with basic information about your business
  2. We create the documentation that you need
  3. You sign the documents and return to us for filing
  4. You’ll receive completed documents from the State and you’re done

File A Withdrawal Online
Services Starting at $99


1What do I file if I cease doing business in a particular jurisdiction?
Where a Corporation or Limited Liability Company (LLC) has previously filed as a foreign entity in a certain state and is no longer conducting business activities within that state, the entity must file an Application for Certificate of Withdrawal to ensure it will have no further obligations to that state.
2What is the effect of a Withdrawal?
Filing a withdrawal will terminate the corporate existence in that state. It is important to note, however, that in most jurisdictions, the application for withdrawal is not considered complete until all required fees, penalties, and costs have been paid.
3Why do you require my registered agent information for a withdrawal?
Generally, the secretary of state requires listing the current registered agent information on the paperwork for the withdrawal.
4What is the post withdrawal forwarding address used for?
Depending on the state, the Secretary of State may require an address where official correspondence can be forwarded after the withdrawal.


This website gives a general overview of LegalShield’s legal plan coverage. The benefits and prices described are not available in all states and Canadian provinces. See specific details on terms, coverage, pricing, conditions and exclusions by selecting your state or province in the cart.

LegalShield provides access to legal services offered by a network of provider law firms to LegalShield members and their covered family members through membership based subscription. Neither LegalShield nor its officers, employees or sales associates directly or indirectly provide legal services, representation or advice.

LegalShield works with partners and affiliates whose websites are linked with LegalShield and controlled by parties other than LegalShield (each a "Third-Party Site"). LegalShield is not responsible for and does not endorse the availability, contents, products, services, or use of any Third-Party Site, any website accessed from a Third-Party Site and does not guarantee the content or quality of the products or services provided by Third-Party Sites. If you have purchased a package that includes a Third-Party Service, the third party may contact you by email or phone with instructions on how to access your benefits, and you may be required to accept additional terms that are located on the Third-Party Site.